|ALTE, the Association of Language Testers in Europe, is now welcoming abstracts for the ALTE 7th International Conference. The event will take place in the beautiful Spanish city of Madrid in April 2020, co-organised with the ALTE Member Instituto Cervantes, and once again it will be one of the largest multilingual events for the global assessment community. The theme of our seventh international conference is the consideration of how we can safeguard fair, valid and ethical practices in the light of new developments and innovations in our multilingual field, and encourages contributions from all those involved in language education at large, both across Europe and around the world.
The theme is divided into four strands:
– Defining the Construct of Multilingualism in Language Assessment;
– Innovations in Language Assessment;
– Fair and Valid Language Testing and Assessment;
– Considerations of Ethics and Justice in the Multilingual Context of Assessment.
Call for Abstracts open – deadline 30th September 2019
The ALTE 7th International Conference will be one of the most inclusive events ALTE has hosted, actively welcoming contributions from all members in the language education community. With a wider range of presentation formats, the conference offers unrivalled opportunities for speakers from different professions, disciplines and backgrounds. Presenters can choose between the following formats:
· Paper presentation
· Poster presentation
· New Researcher presentation – with scholarships available for the most promising contributions